Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I JUST WANT MY CHILD BACK!




Locked in deep, dark, never ending depression

Crying, dying, he found no answers to his question

The struggle was too hard, the chains bound too tight

In the end all he longed for was his spirit to take flight.

His mind and eyes were closed, his ears shut tight

I reached out, I loved him and I tired with all my might.



But the world to him seemed empty, dark, and black

And nothing I said or I did could bring him back

From his course of self destruction.  No more delay.

His life he would end.  He didn't see any other way.

The pain would stop and things would finally be okay.

A single gun shot rang out over the meadow that day.



He has gone to a place where there is only love and peace

But we are left broken hearted and struggling with our grief.

And in that same dark circle I now find myself, lost and alone

Feeling, not feeling.  Discovery of emotion previously unknown.

Crying, dying screaming, lacking energy to try to break free.

Damn the depression, Damn the despair, Damn the rhyme!



I JUST WANT MY CHILD BACK.

Back in my arms, back in his bed.

Linda DuBos
February 2010








No comments:

Post a Comment