Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

ROOM TO BREATHE MY WISH FOR YOU

Over the past year I have been blessed with the friendships of some really, really special people.  Friends that have been here for me day and night.  Friends with encouraging words.  Friends that have sent me hugs and love to keep me going and so that I never feel alone.  Friends that understand what I have gone through and what I continue to go through.  They understand because they, too, have walked down the same dark road.  They, too, have been buried in grief and drowned in despair.  They understand my heartache and my feelings of isolation.  They know what that void is that can never be filled. And these other survivors of suicide know what an empty smile is.  They know that one is not healed because they look happy and laugh.  They understand the storm that is boiling below the surface.

There is another very special friend that I have grown to love and respect.  As he said to me once in a message: "We may be oceans apart but we are walking side by side on the same journey."  He has that magic gift of always knowing just the right things to say at the exact moment you need to hear it (my friend Patty has that same gift).  He has the ability to reach in and soothe an aching heart.  I am so blessed to be able to call him my friend.

I am so, so sad that Tony, Patty, Dawn, Sherie, and I have shared the same feelings of sorrow and lost but it comforts me to know that I am not alone on my journey.  You have all extended your hand in friendship and I cannot tell you how much you have touched my heart.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart Patty, Dawn, Sherie, and Tony.


For Christmas Tony wrote the most amazing and beautiful poem for me.  With his permission I am sharing it with you.  It is called Room to Breathe  My Wish for You.




ROOM TO BREATH   MY WISH FOR YOU

I searched the skies found the brightest star
I sent a wish to where you are ...
My wish for you is peace of mind
To leave your heartache far behind ...
A chance for your heart and soul to mend
Room to breathe my special friend ...

For those you love to understand
When its right to take your hand ...
For inner strength to face tomorrow
For timeout from the endless sorrow ...

For you to wear a smile with ease
And rejoice with all your memories ...
Create beautiful art, write poetry
A heartfelt wish to you from me ...

I pray to God that my wish be granted
The tears be wiped from your eyes ...
It isn't fair your heart be tainted
And robbed of love and pride...

How can a heart feel so empty
When bursting with heartache and pain ...
Will you ever regain a sense of yourself
Will you ever be Linda again ...

Grief knows no limits, it plays by no rules
It's a long, dark and lonely road ...
Nobody knows the extent of your loss
And no one can lighten your load ...

I've search the skies, found the brightest star
I sent a wish to where you are...
My wish for you is one of a kind
To leave your anguish far behind
Time for your heart and soul to mend
Room to breathe my special friend.

Thinking of you and praying for your eventual happiness Linda
Merry Christmas to you and Christian my dear friend xxx.





No comments:

Post a Comment