Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

NOTHING TOUCHES ME

In the healing process one comes to realize that only a limited amount of talking or counseling can heal a broken heart.  Solitude and time are the only way to come to terms with emotions and fractured thoughts and feelings.  We need time to journey alone within our own minds and find peace there.






NOTHING TOUCHES ME






I drift.  I bob.  Nothing touches me.  I float weightlessly.  I am free.  The coldness of the water comforts me and makes me feel warm.  It holds me close and lifts me up.  The current carries me where ever it is going.  No direction, no destination.  Time is meaningless.  I am content in my silent world.  I am at peace.  Slowly I am beginning to heal.








Life and the living pass me by.  I am unaffected.  In my solitude I am safe. Expectations and unkind words, though kindly intended,  cannot touch me.  Quiet! sweet quiet!  In that silence I find a place where frayed nerves and a screaming mind can settle and begin to mend.  I drift.  I bob.  Nothing touches me.





No comments:

Post a Comment