Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SUICIDE AWARENESS DAY - February 22, 2011

Today I was ask to remember things I want to forget
Things buried deep inside. Too soon. I'm not ready. Not yet.
Why now? Why today? Why can't today just fade away?
A date on the calendar. That's all. The same as any other day.

Why must I remember these things about how you died?
In my mind all these things are only a black silhouette
An outline of things I've pushed aside. Emotions collide
About memories buried inside and events I've tried to deny.

I've closed my mind's eye to the events of that fateful day
And now you ask me to have these things in my mind replay
In a mind and in a heart just beginning to heal -part way
Fate is knocking; tells me there should be no more delay.

Stand up, speak up, get your head out of the ground
The truth about suicide must be told to all around
Without sharing no change will ever be brought about
We need each other if hearts are to heal and solutions found.

My son made the ultimate sacrifice. Was it part of God's plan?
Did He need another voice to make His children understand
That compassion for suffering and pain is much more than
Just words. We must open our hearts, extend a helping hand.

The word must be spread over this and other lands -near and far away
Depression is an illness; bullying must be stopped without further delay.
Differences accepted. We must educate - our message must be conveyed
In public halls, through social networking, television, and writing essays.

Our voices will not be silent. Silent killer of the young and old alike
Hear us! We will not be stopped. The voices of those you've claimed will be heard
From the grave and beyond. We will say what they cannot. We will tell Their stories
And ours. And their memories will not fade away.

This our promise to you dear mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons,
Aunts, uncles, grandfathers, grandmothers, soul mates, beloved friends,
Your deaths will not be in vain. You will be our strength and our inspiration.
We will educate, we will love and nurture our fellow man.
We will be there with a kind word and a helping hand.

We will fight the good fight
And you will never be forgotten.

soldier of christ

No comments:

Post a Comment