Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 5, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY 2010

MOTHER'S DAY


THE FIRST MOTHER'S DAY AFTER THE LOSS OF A CHILD IS THE WORST!!!  A week prior to Mother's Day a friend stopped by and as she was about to get into her car, she called out over her shoulder "Happy Mother's Day early".  I had no idea that such a simple sentence could affect me so deeply.  I felt as though I had been punched in the stomach.  There are no words to describe the pain.  It was an actual physical pain.


So being left without words, I have only a poem sent to me by a fellow traveler, Sherie Westlund, and my watercolors.





A Mother's Gift From God


Lord today is Mother's Day

but my heart is split in two

Half of my heart is still here,

the other with my child that is there with you.

All the lovely presents are a nice surprise

But the only thing I want most is missing,

and tears fill my eyes.

I know when you sent him Lord,

You didn't promise how long he would stay

All you said was to love him

and treasure each and every day.

But Lord it crushed my heart,

when you called for his return.

I really feel like half a Mom,

as I ache, weep, and yearn.

But Lord, tell him I love him

just as much as I did before.

And could you please make a window

so he can see through heaven's floor;

Let him see that he is missed

and thought of, with each breath.

And that a Mother's love begins before life,

and does not end with death.

So on this Mother's Day,

The greatest Gift

"I Give To You"...

For Lord I know you missed him,

and you love him too.


...author unknown...


No comments:

Post a Comment