Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

TRAGEDY, DRAMA, COMEDY



November 11, 2010


 Tragedy, Drama, Comedy.  We are all actors in this great play that we call "Life".  We show the world only what we want them to see.  But if only an actor, what is the reality of this thing we call "Life"?


For me, it is this:  Inside each of us there is a soul.  The complexity of the soul is where you will find our true selves and the essence of who we are.  That part of our being where we place our love,  our sadness, our memories - good, bad, and sad ~ All of our pain, our sorrow, our despair,  our grief, our depression.  It is also the place where we store all the anger and hurt we don't want others to know exists.  It is where we place our fears and our shame and our guilt.  It is what makes me exclusively "me".


One day our three year old granddaughter, Persephone, came for a visit.  She arrived while her Papa was still at work.  That evening she heard the front door open and began running down the stairs to greet him.  He called out "Who is it?" and she replied "It is me, myself ... Persephone."  And that is what my soul is.  It is "me, myself ... Linda".  There you will find my strengths, my weaknesses but mostly it is the place where you will find all the things I hold most dear - my children, my husband, my family, my friends, my home, all my sweetest and most cherished memories, my dreams for the future and my respect for the past.  MY FAITH.


I will continue to be an actor in the play of Life; and I will only show you what I want you to see but if you are quiet and look and listen closely, you may be able to peek into my soul.  Where you will find the real me.



William Shakespeare - All the world's a stage


All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exists and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts.
................................



No comments:

Post a Comment