Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ME AND MY HOT AIR BALLOON



ME AND MY HOT AIR BALLOON
written October 2, 2010


Floating amongst cotton clouds
High above noisy crowds.


Mountains, lakes, and streams
Muted colors blue and green.


I hear a flutter in the blue sky
And see birds as they wing by.


I float away without a care
Breathing in Autumn's crisp air.


Trees green, yellow, orange and red
A kaleidoscope of colors below me spreads.


I am in awe of our beautiful earth
It awakens my senses - a rebirth.


Of things forgotten or left behind
Things I thought I'd never again find.


Too long my feet have been glued to earth
Feeling sorrow, sadness; my life without worth.


Now my spirit rejoices; angels surround me
Singing sweet verse.  At last, at last I feel free.


All day I drift, dream, and softly float
But it's getting chilly.  I need a warm coat.


I float before a full silvery moon
Flying high in my hot air balloon.


Something is stirring.  A sudden urge
I think it's time from this balloon I emerge.


Its been nice.  Its been fun. But oh dearly me
The time has come. Land this thing! I've got to pee.




No comments:

Post a Comment