Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 16, 2011

TRAPPED


Where once there was
sunshine
Now the sky
of my heart
is purple-black
And rains down
Red hot tears.
A whirling destructive
vortex
cuts a line of destruction
across the landscape
of my mind.

Lacking control
I am sucked inside
a gyrating vacuum
of violent
pulling, twisting, and turning.


Flashes of exploding
emotions
Pierce the darkness
Ominous and frightening.
Feelings of helplessness.

The harder I struggle
to break free
The more confined
I find myself.
I am a recluse
Locked inside my house
Trapped in time
A prisoner to loss.

When will the storm
end?
When will I be released
So I can once again
walk in the light
and feel the sun
on my face
And sunshine in
my heart?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find comfort in these words:

"Where is God when emotions run raw and a great hole of hurt embeds in the heart? We don't always understand the ways of God, but we can count on Christ's comfort. The Lord lingers close to those caught in the pain of great loss. What others cannot totally understand, your Heavenly Father fully comprehends. Grace soothes aching hearts. The Lord's comfort is limitless in it's capacity to cure."

- Wisdom Hunters -

No comments:

Post a Comment